ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Magnetis .nac file (Wii)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:05 am 

I'm trying to extract what I think is the audio archive for this game, but no luck so far. Thus, I turned to this place for help! I've got the necessary files right here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15SParinGvif3lHgxrBQJNzV763MposIM

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:08 pm 

Hey there! I know that Aluigi made a script for Magnetis since I extracted the archive on Steam/PC and it was also a .nac file.

You'll need QuickBMS, along with this script: https://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/magnetis.bms

All of the music is in .OGG format and is found in the extracted data/music folder, but none of it loops.
The looping data for the tracks will be in one of the .nut data files. I forget which one. You can open those in any notepad/text editor.

EDIT: Okay, found the looping data for you. It's in gameParams.nut.

Like for the music for Solo mode, you'll see this bit: "bgm_solo_repeat <- 57932".
This means the loop begins right at 57.932 seconds.

YOU ARE WELCOME. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:58 pm 

^Your help is most appreciated! However.... that BMS script isn't working for me. Looks like it's more specifically tailored for the PC version, I guess. If aluigi or anyone else is reading this, do you think you can check out the Wii files I posted, and see if a modification to the script is possible? Thanks in advance once more!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:48 pm 

No problem. I guess it being on the Wii, they might have changed something with the formatting? I don't know, but I would think the files inside are where I said they are.