ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:05 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:15 pm 

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 am
Posts: 5
hey! does someone found the skydiving musics ? i mean the musics that you hear when dropping, the most important ones basically...
i'm unable to find them in the game files
edit : i'm especially looking for the event1 dropping/skydiving music


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:55 pm 

Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:17 am
Posts: 12
Kyr4l wrote:
hey! does someone found the skydiving musics ? i mean the musics that you hear when dropping, the most important ones basically...
i'm unable to find them in the game files
edit : i'm especially looking for the event1 dropping/skydiving music


I believe you are looking for 22086 (Music_Jump) and 22087 through 22097 (character specific music).


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:05 pm 

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 am
Posts: 5
zuronaught wrote:
Kyr4l wrote:
hey! does someone found the skydiving musics ? i mean the musics that you hear when dropping, the most important ones basically...
i'm unable to find them in the game files
edit : i'm especially looking for the event1 dropping/skydiving music


I believe you are looking for 22086 (Music_Jump) and 22087 through 22097 (character specific music).


these are the musics that play before you really jump, these are the ones you hear when you're in the dropship


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:20 pm 

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:07 pm
Posts: 13
Woo! Nice work guys :o Can't wait for a noob-friendly GUI tool for all us normies to enjoy it too. I'm so glad you didn't give up on Apex <3


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:18 am 

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:29 pm
Posts: 26
Luriam wrote:
Woo! Nice work guys :o Can't wait for a noob-friendly GUI tool for all us normies to enjoy it too. I'm so glad you didn't give up on Apex <3

Soon(TM)!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:27 am 

Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:09 pm
Posts: 2
@Lyxi How about other languages. For example i need polish voice lines ;) How i must edit in files?
and how about extracting audios in admin CMD if my games files are located in disc D not C


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:31 pm 

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm
Posts: 22
StrefaPD wrote:
@Lyxi How about other languages. For example i need polish voice lines ;) How i must edit in files?
and how about extracting audios in admin CMD if my games files are located in disc D not C


should work out of the box?

>and how about extracting audios in admin CMD if my games files are located in disc D not C

cd d:\
then type d:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 pm 

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm
Posts: 22
Hi everyone, I haven't worked on the dumper since my last release. I've been working on reversing malware so I can find a job :P. I'm not sure when I can work on Miles again, but this is currently on the list of things to do:

* Extract audio sources (the actual WAV data inside the bank streams, there are 200,000+ individual sources that together compose the events). This shouldn't take too much work to do now but I really need to find work so I can't spend time on this right now.
* Titanfall 2 support. It's missing an API call and the structures I used to traverse to find functions to hook might be different (haven't checked yet). Currently I'm hooking internal miles functions to capture audio, but for long term support I should switch to hooking the direct sound functions. I also don't have Titanfall 2 so I don't have data and stuff to test with.

I'll try to work on this stuff soonish


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:44 am 

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:54 pm
Posts: 30
Lyxi wrote:
Hi everyone, I haven't worked on the dumper since my last release. I've been working on reversing malware so I can find a job :P. I'm not sure when I can work on Miles again, but this is currently on the list of things to do:

* Extract audio sources (the actual WAV data inside the bank streams, there are 200,000+ individual sources that together compose the events). This shouldn't take too much work to do now but I really need to find work so I can't spend time on this right now.
* Titanfall 2 support. It's missing an API call and the structures I used to traverse to find functions to hook might be different (haven't checked yet). Currently I'm hooking internal miles functions to capture audio, but for long term support I should switch to hooking the direct sound functions. I also don't have Titanfall 2 so I don't have data and stuff to test with.

I'll try to work on this stuff soonish


As long as you don't forget about us. :P You've done incredible work and we are all extremely grateful for the work you've put into it so far, I look forward to seeing the progress.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:18 pm 

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:56 am
Posts: 5
hey, does someone found the musics that plays when dropping ?
i extracted these ones :
Code:
22086,Music_Jump
22087,Music_Jump_Bangalore
22088,Music_Jump_Bloodhound
22089,Music_Jump_Caustic
22090,Music_Jump_Event1
22091,Music_Jump_Gibraltar
22092,Music_Jump_Lifeline
22093,Music_Jump_Mirage
22094,Music_Jump_Octane
22095,Music_Jump_Pathfinder
22096,Music_Jump_Wattson
22097,Music_Jump_Wraith

but these are the ones that plays in the dropship, not when dropping


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:57 am 

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm
Posts: 22
meow, hello. i'd like to introduce the titanfall 2 version of my dumper! (thanks acebats for making this possible)

https://github.com/Lyxica/Miles-10-Soun ... -tf2-beta1

here is a list of all the events contained in the banks (as of 8/11/2019)

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
MSD_TF2.exe must be in the \Titanfall2\bin\x64_retail folder


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:11 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:09 pm
Posts: 1
So... how hard would it be to extract, say, specifically all of Mirage's sound files? That's really all I want. Can't seem to find the easiest/most efficient way to do that, though.

I've extracted lots of audio files from lots of games before, but this one seems even worse than Prince of Persia 08. :P

EDIT: I got as far as hearing the sound files in the MSD, for clarification; I admit I'm not quite savvy enough to get them actually extracted, though.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:30 pm 

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:54 pm
Posts: 30
for some reason when playing the TF2 weapon sounds, they sound muffled. You know the filter that is applied when you're in a damaged state, most of the first person/weapon sound like that. Also most of the dialog is not playing. 5843, for me which is 5843,diag_imc_blisk_hp_hpguidance_01 is a good example of stuff that does not play. Also the music for example 21338,music_s2s_18_evac the volume is so loud on it that it is approaching ear rape level

Maverick-Werewolf wrote:
So... how hard would it be to extract, say, specifically all of Mirage's sound files? That's really all I want. Can't seem to find the easiest/most efficient way to do that, though.
EDIT: I got as far as hearing the sound files in the MSD, for clarification; I admit I'm not quite savvy enough to get them actually extracted, though.


follow this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bW8Fo4 ... e=youtu.be


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:01 am 

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm
Posts: 22
Going to clear up a technical issue regarding unplayable audio, there are 2 situations that I have found so far regarding audio:

A) The volume knob associated with a sounds controller is set to mute
B) There is -no- audio

Solving problem A is just finding the right controller volume name to set. B on the other hand, I'm fairly certain that a lot of events simply do not have audio data.

Image

If we look at the I/O usage of a event that plays (16800), and a event that doesn't play (5843) we can see that the silent event requested virtually no data, only performing an IO operation of 102B. As Miles is not registering any bank issues, it would seem that the banks are properly and fully loaded, and that the event simply doesn't have any audio data. Finally, I know that the low IO usage of event 5843 isn't because a volume knob is set to mute. When exploring through the Apex Legends events I used the same IO trick, and was able to identify events that while not playing were reading at a minimum 1KB or more of data. After tweaking with those knobs I was able to get those events to play.

----

At this point, I'd like to actually extract the samples (not the events but the actual samples) from the mstr files, but I can't spend that effort currently when I need to start making money soon :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:10 am 

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm
Posts: 22
regarding muffled sounds, i'll check it out and see if something can be done. i'll also lower the default volume and add a volume switch.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:50 pm 

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:18 am
Posts: 5
Lyxi wrote:
regarding muffled sounds, i'll check it out and see if something can be done. i'll also lower the default volume and add a volume switch.


The TF2 tool will get stuck playing back any looping file when I'm trying to extract, making extracting all the SFX kind of a lost cause. Any tips to circumvent this? Thank you so much!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:00 am 

Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:10 pm
Posts: 22
hiya, if you hit ESC when a sound is recording, it should stop it and save everything that was played up til that point. otherwise i dont have a graceful way to record loops until i can spend more time examining the inner structures of the miles queue system


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:30 pm 

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:18 am
Posts: 5
Lyxi wrote:
hiya, if you hit ESC when a sound is recording, it should stop it and save everything that was played up til that point. otherwise i dont have a graceful way to record loops until i can spend more time examining the inner structures of the miles queue system


thank you! ill try that tonight


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Apex Legends .MSTR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 pm 

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:36 pm
Posts: 1
Kyr4l wrote:
hey, does someone found the musics that plays when dropping ?
i extracted these ones :
Code:
22086,Music_Jump
22087,Music_Jump_Bangalore
22088,Music_Jump_Bloodhound
22089,Music_Jump_Caustic
22090,Music_Jump_Event1
22091,Music_Jump_Gibraltar
22092,Music_Jump_Lifeline
22093,Music_Jump_Mirage
22094,Music_Jump_Octane
22095,Music_Jump_Pathfinder
22096,Music_Jump_Wattson
22097,Music_Jump_Wraith

but these are the ones that plays in the dropship, not when dropping


i'm stuck finding the second half of these as well. i've seen a couple videos on YouTube where people have uploaded the _Wraith, _Pathfinder and _Gibraltar "drop" music and i can't seem to figure out how they did it. i've left a comment but no response yet.

is there a way to break the loop (not like how pressing ESC works), or perhaps there's an event i can use while the sound is playing to play that track (kinda like how the fadeouts work)? if anyone happens to figure it out let me know!


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited