ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:59 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:05 pm 

Hello there guys!

I've fully translated a game which came out a couple of days ago called Stone Story RPG. It's a Unity game, and I translated it as any other, but it doesn't matter if I change the strings in the files the game doesn't get localised, the strings doesn't change.

Any idea what causes this, or how can I fix it?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:26 pm 

The_Reaper_CooL wrote:
Hello there guys!

I've fully translated a game which came out a couple of days ago called Stone Story RPG. It's a Unity game, and I translated it as any other, but it doesn't matter if I change the strings in the files the game doesn't get localised, the strings doesn't change.

file " sharedassets0.assets "
extract it with " UnityEX "

search and unpack all files " sharedassets0_0000#.-131 " with " UnityText " ( english language )

see image Italian

Attachments:
Stone Story RPG.jpg [128.8 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:49 pm 

giangy64 wrote:
The_Reaper_CooL wrote:
Hello there guys!

file " sharedassets0.assets "
extract it with " UnityEX "

search and unpack all files " sharedassets0_0000#.-131 " with " UnityText " ( english language )

see image Italian

Thanks, but this doesn't contain all of the strings that are in-game. Most strings are in the EN_General, EN_Items and EN_Characters files. I've translated them, imported them back in and it doesn't work. That's what I need help with.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:50 pm 

Okay, I've figured it out, so the topic can be deleted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:36 pm 

Why need to delete the topic? If you figured it out, maybe you should share your experience with the translation method.
It's a forum anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:49 am 

You're right!

So I think it uses an older version of Unity, but if not, then here's why it didn't work:

First of all I translated the English text files, but it didn't work, only sometimes. Then I translated the German ones, and they worked most of the time. I've realised that the problem lies in the file sizes: If the file I import back in is bigger or even smaller than the original size, the game doesn't read all strings or simply crashes.

So what I did is I've translated the German files, because those contain unicode characters which I need, and then compared the size to the original ones. Because my files were smaller I put some spaces at the end of the file, so the size would match the original one. Then I imported the files back in, and it worked.

Basically every file should be the exact same size when you import them, and this includes the whole sharedassets0.assets as well.