ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax
It is currently Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:42 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: GoW
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:38 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 pm
Posts: 56
Hello to all members of the board and I hope everything is good with all of you.
Here I am with a new file game archive from GOW.

I'm trying to extract the proper wem audio package which has

What I actually want is to extract them with proper file name and wem ID
.

Here is the screenshot of the files.

I'm also uploading the sample file here too.
Here is the link for .audiopack and .toc files via Mega.nz

https://mega.nz/file/bnRAxADI#y7baL-ESb ... kRNAZ2aOoA


Last edited by rkthelegend on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:01 am 

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Posts: 174
Here I wrote a small application for unpacking.

Update v1.1 from 18.11.2022
Added Import

I'm not sure what will work, since there is nothing to check on.

Attachment:
GoWRagSND-Tools.zip [164.34 KiB]
Downloaded 58 times


Last edited by ponaromixxx on Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:51 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 pm
Posts: 56
ponaromixxx wrote:
Here I wrote a small application for unpacking.

GoWRagSND-Extractor.zip

Thank you


Last edited by rkthelegend on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:58 pm 

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Posts: 174
rkthelegend wrote:
Thank you brother, is it possible to repack .TOC file.
I think it's a wwise pck container.


Update v1.1
Added Import.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:13 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 pm
Posts: 56
ponaromixxx wrote:
rkthelegend wrote:
Thank you brother, is it possible to repack .TOC file.
I think it's a wwise pck container.


Update v1.1
Added Import.

Content deleted because of copyright


Last edited by rkthelegend on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:26 pm 

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Posts: 174
rkthelegend wrote:

First of all I wanna say a warm thank you to you for spending your valuable time adding import option in the tool.
Second, I wanna add some info which I got from the wems in the archive.
The wems are originally encoded in vorbis format but when I used your tool it worked perfectly fine, the only thing which is missing or need a little more work is that the tool should export the wems as wwise vorbis not wwise Atrac9.
It'll be your great kindness to fix the issue with the tool.
Thank you again and sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker of English.

Here is another 60MB sample file which contains vorbis audio files encoded with wwise.
I extracted the content of this sample file with your amazing tool but the only problem is that the tool exports all wems as wwise Atrac9, what I need is that the tools should export them as wwise vorbis.



That's right, the archives contain Wwise wem atrac9, this codec is designed for Sony consoles, my tool has nothing to do with it, it extracts exactly what is in the archive.
I looked at the archive of English localization, it contains wem files with 2 different codecs atrac9 and vorbis. As far as I know, there is no tool for encoding in Wwise atrac9 on the network, but you can encode all the sound in vorbis and try to add such sound to the game, you can decode wem atrac9 using the VgmStream toolkit.

And don't worry, I don't speak English myself.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:13 am 

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:12 pm
Posts: 9
ponaromixxx wrote:
rkthelegend wrote:
Thank you brother, is it possible to repack .TOC file.
I think it's a wwise pck container.


Update v1.1
Added Import.

Could you make a tool which can export and import the lang .wad file? here are some sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GuO1Sb ... sp=sharing


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:50 pm 

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 pm
Posts: 56
ponaromixxx wrote:
rkthelegend wrote:

First of all I wanna say a warm thank you to you for spending your valuable time adding import option in the tool.
Second, I wanna add some info which I got from the wems in the archive.
The wems are originally encoded in vorbis format but when I used your tool it worked perfectly fine, the only thing which is missing or need a little more work is that the tool should export the wems as wwise vorbis not wwise Atrac9.
It'll be your great kindness to fix the issue with the tool.
Thank you again and sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker of English.

Here is another 60MB sample file which contains vorbis audio files encoded with wwise.
I extracted the content of this sample file with your amazing tool but the only problem is that the tool exports all wems as wwise Atrac9, what I need is that the tools should export them as wwise vorbis.



That's right, the archives contain Wwise wem atrac9, this codec is designed for Sony consoles, my tool has nothing to do with it, it extracts exactly what is in the archive.
I looked at the archive of English localization, it contains wem files with 2 different codecs atrac9 and vorbis. As far as I know, there is no tool for encoding in Wwise atrac9 on the network, but you can encode all the sound in vorbis and try to add such sound to the game, you can decode wem atrac9 using the VgmStream toolkit.

And don't worry, I don't speak English myself.


You are 100% right, it was my mistake, yes the game uses 2 Codec at9 and vorbis, at9 are used in short in game dialouges while vorbis are used in cinematic scenes.

I'm gonna try to change the at9 with vorbis, hopefully we get a good result.
Anyway, thanks again for your great tool.
God bless you brother.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:29 pm 

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Posts: 174
rkthelegend wrote:

You are 100% right, it was my mistake, yes the game uses 2 Codec at9 and vorbis, at9 are used in short in game dialouges while vorbis are used in cinematic scenes.

I'm gonna try to change the at9 with vorbis, hopefully we get a good result.
Anyway, thanks again for your great tool.
God bless you brother.


;) :!:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:37 pm 

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Posts: 174
BanhMi wrote:
Could you make a tool which can export and import the lang .wad file? here are some sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GuO1Sb ... sp=sharing


I looked at the files, many data are not clear what they are responsible for, there is no time to parse the format now.

Ask here!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: GoW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:56 pm 

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:42 pm
Posts: 2
Is there any way that the file names can be properly parsed? Because they seem to have names like 0x000B4C0E and 0x000E1A77. I am not sure if we can reference them to the text files of the game, but here is an example:

This file is named 0x00B78AE6.wem, and the text is:
*107623*
[[S:ATREUS:vo_int9_lvl_asg1a_s115_020_son:140-6090:34690]]
N-no, I’m going. I’ve got to. Just, uh... wanted to say it was good meeting you.

Another example:
This file is named 0x00CD6205.wem, and the text is:

*125710*
[[S:FREYA:vo_int9_gbs_fre_s910_WallFlawRevisited_130:50-4926:60181]]
So off I went, not knowing what had truly
been promised or expected,
*125711*
[[S:::4926-7357:60181]]
dagger stashed in my robe for emergency.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: GoW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:03 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 pm
Posts: 56
BloatheadSorcerer wrote:
Is there any way that the file names can be properly parsed? Because they seem to have names like 0x000B4C0E and 0x000E1A77. I am not sure if we can reference them to the text files of the game, but here is an example:

This file is named 0x00B78AE6.wem, and the text is:
*107623*
[[S:ATREUS:vo_int9_lvl_asg1a_s115_020_son:140-6090:34690]]
N-no, I’m going. I’ve got to. Just, uh... wanted to say it was good meeting you.

Another example:
This file is named 0x00CD6205.wem, and the text is:

*125710*
[[S:FREYA:vo_int9_gbs_fre_s910_WallFlawRevisited_130:50-4926:60181]]
So off I went, not knowing what had truly
been promised or expected,
*125711*
[[S:::4926-7357:60181]]
dagger stashed in my robe for emergency.


Maybe there is no way to parse the proper file name but. To be honest, this tool works great and I even checked it on ps4,


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: GoW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:41 am 

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:59 pm
Posts: 174
You will have to analyze the whole game for these names, since the names are hashed into an id using FNV technology.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: GoW
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:47 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:57 pm
Posts: 56
ponaromixxx wrote:
You will have to analyze the whole game for these names, since the names are hashed into an id using FNV technology.


Brother I have send you a private message, please check it once, it's out of this topic


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited