I translated some string in the .gmd files simply by editing them, and I just noticed that in the cutscenes it doesn't always display what I wrote. I mean if the file is longer than the one I wrote, it simply cuts off the text somewhere. Any idea for a fix?
You'll need a proper tool to edit the gmd meta data to adapt the length of the new strings if they exceed the original text. Meta data seems XOR'd much like in MHXX but the expressions are different for World it seems.
Or do you mean you use such a tool and it cuts off in cutscenes despite the adapted length and offsets? If so, no idea.
Nope, I don't have any tool, I just edit it with Notepad++.
And just by reading your comment I started to tinker with Hex Workshop, and it seems that on the offset 0x00000020 it stores the string's length in int32. I modified it, and now it works. I only tested this on one cutscene, don't know if it would work in other files (but since all of them are .gmd I think they would)
Okay, some things I've discovered via Hex Editing:
In the .gmd files, you can find this data:
Offset: 0x00000013 -> Up to this point is just a header for the .gmd file
Offset: 0x00000014 -> The number of string IDs in the file
Offset: 0x00000018 -> The number of strings in the file (these two should match of course)
Offset: 0x0000001C -> The length of the string IDs names
Offset: 0x00000020 -> The length of the strings
Offset: 0x00000024 -> The length of the current file's name inside the .gmd file
Offset: 0x00000028 -> This is where the current file's name is stored
Using this if someone has the skills to develop a tool, then it would be nice. I myself can only program in Excel VBA, but I'll try to do something with it.