ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dragon Quest XI Console
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:42 pm 

Here's a small mini-console I've made for Dragon Quest XI, so I could mess with the games cvars at runtime.

It's basically like a command console you'd find in older PC games, letting you view/change cvars while the game is running.
The readme file explains how to add it into the game, how to use it, etc, only takes a minute to setup.
A list of cvars can be found here: https://pastebin.com/GXh7MN2W

Right now source code isn't included as it needs some UE4 headers + some small edits to them.
I'll probably write up a guide on copying the needed stuff from the UE4 src soon so that I can release the source without any UE4 code included.

Also this is hardcoded to DQXI patch 0 since it needs the offset to the FConsoleManager pointer, but it'd probably work on other UE4 games fine.
When I post the code it should be pretty simple to make it work with other games, you basically only need the headers of the UE4 version it uses (of course don't bother trying to use it with any MP games, something like this would be detected instantly)

If you have any problems or feedback feel free to make a reply, also I'll update this thread if I make any new changes.
(also if it doesn't run for you, you might need the VC2017 redist installed: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x64.exe )

Attachments:
DQXI_Console-0.1.zip [1.04 MiB]
Downloaded 37 times

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 am 

Looking forward to testing this out.