ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:43 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:15 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm
Posts: 112
Hi! I need some help extracting the content of soundstr.pkg from the Xbox version of DAH! 2

There's an index file provided in the same RAR archive.

Download

Thanks!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:49 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 10542
The old script I wrote for the PS2 version seems compatible BUT the codec is different and therefore the generated SS2 files aren't compatible:
http://aluigi.org/bms/destroy_humans_ps2.bms


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:36 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm
Posts: 112
Ok. Is it possible to modify the script please in order to extract all the files RAW? (no automatic codec?)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:49 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 10542
Yes, replace "callfunction DUMP_VAG 1" with:
log "" OFFSET SIZE 1


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:09 am 

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm
Posts: 112
Sorry but I get an error when trying to extract the PKGs by selecting the dir file.
I took a screenshot of the error.


Attachments:
File comment: Error screenshot
Capture.PNG [22.37 KiB]
Downloaded 1 time
Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 10542
Just made a work-around but it's not an issue of the script, version 0.1.1a


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:40 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:49 pm
Posts: 695
Really weird because I remember years ago testing a script here that worked like a charm on the soundstr.pkg files and extracted all the music (headerless). Now, there's just one music extracted (52Ko).
You're right Warthoh.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:48 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 10542
Last time it was PS2


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:55 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:49 pm
Posts: 695
You're right but I remember using a script that extracted headerless XBox IMA ADPCM audio encoded at 48,000 Hz without missing files.
I don't recall which script though... But for sure there's no thread about the XBox ver. of Destroy All Humans 2 except this one.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:14 pm 

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:49 pm
Posts: 695
Ok fixed, in fact @Warthog1336 you need to use the script in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=3226
Output files are mostly interleaved XBox IMA ADPCM encoded at 44,100Hz (I was wrong about the sample rate)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:28 am 

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm
Posts: 59
Mygoshi wrote:
Ok fixed, in fact @Warthog1336 you need to use the script in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=3226
Output files are mostly interleaved XBox IMA ADPCM encoded at 44,100Hz (I was wrong about the sample rate)


I did that but all I got was a bunch of DAT files, not interleaved XBox IMA ADPCM audio. How did you get this to work exactly?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 pm 

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm
Posts: 59
Warthog1336 wrote:
Sorry but I get an error when trying to extract the PKGs by selecting the dir file.
I took a screenshot of the error.


Warthog1336 did you get this working because I didn't get any XBox IMA ADPCM audio files, just a bunch of DAT files.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:08 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm
Posts: 112
You did get DAT files that use the Xbox 4-bit IMA ADPCM codec but they're just headerless. You need to rebuild the header.

Could you please upload a sample because I removed everything. Thank you.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:21 pm 

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm
Posts: 59
Warthog1336 wrote:
You did get DAT files that use the Xbox 4-bit IMA ADPCM codec but they're just headerless. You need to rebuild the header.

Could you please upload a sample because I removed everything. Thank you.


Right, i have a sample here for you.

0000000000000bae_dat
https://anonfile.com/nei3h6v1ba/0000000000000bae_dat

link scanner https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/35a709 ... /detection


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:52 am 

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm
Posts: 112
To me it's not an audio file so I can't help you, maybe upload other samples please?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:07 am 

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm
Posts: 59
Warthog1336 wrote:
To me it's not an audio file so I can't help you, maybe upload other samples please?


Yeah just noticed that now. That was the results of Destroy All Humans. I can't seem to get the script to work on Destroy all Humans 2 using the updated script mentioned by mygoshi in this thread. I selected the e directory but to no avail. I've never been able to get this to work properly. Destroy All Humans! and Destroy All Humans 2 are the two games I've always wanted the audio/music from. I will keep trying

Mygoshi wrote:
Ok fixed, in fact @Warthog1336 you need to use the script in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=3226
Output files are mostly interleaved XBox IMA ADPCM encoded at 44,100Hz (I was wrong about the sample rate)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:28 am 

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm
Posts: 59
Warthog1336 Can you go through what you did originally to extract the audio from the xbox version of the game?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:24 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm
Posts: 112
Sure, you need to use this script: http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/destroy_humans_ps2.bms

Open QuickBMS, select destroy_humans_ps2.bms and then apply it to the e.dir file. In fact, if I remember correctly (I removed all the files as I said), there are several directories like ab (Albion), bc (Bay City), common, mb (Moon Base), tk (Takoshima) and tu (Tunguska), and inside, the name of the index file .dir is different, so you have to rename it into e.dir to that there are no errors. Then, it normally extracts *.DAT files. When you get them, please send me an audio file so I can help you playing the file and converting it correctly.

Thanks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:45 pm 

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm
Posts: 59
Warthog1336 wrote:
Sure, you need to use this script: http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/destroy_humans_ps2.bms

Open QuickBMS, select destroy_humans_ps2.bms and then apply it to the e.dir file. In fact, if I remember correctly (I removed all the files as I said), there are several directories like ab (Albion), bc (Bay City), common, mb (Moon Base), tk (Takoshima) and tu (Tunguska), and inside, the name of the index file .dir is different, so you have to rename it into e.dir to that there are no errors. Then, it normally extracts *.DAT files. When you get them, please send me an audio file so I can help you playing the file and converting it correctly.

Thanks.


Empty


Last edited by zeaofsuos on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:56 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 pm
Posts: 112
You should not have SS2 output files, it's for PS2. Maybe you didn't replace that line of the script :

Code:
callfunction DUMP_VAG 1


By :

Code:
log "" OFFSET SIZE 1


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited