ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:45 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:27 pm
Posts: 1152
Game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/359220/
Example: https://yadi.sk/d/wzsEfq_3gTt4t


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:30 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9077
I have just updated the script to version 0.3:
http://aluigi.org/papers/bms/others/mx_atv.bms


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 6:00 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:27 pm
Posts: 1152
Thx aluigi


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:55 am 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
aluigi wrote:
I have just updated the script to version 0.3:
http://aluigi.org/papers/bms/others/mx_atv.bms

Bro, what does this script do?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:22 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9077
In theory it should be able to extract all the files offrom the following archives of the MXvsATV series: pak, package, database


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:42 am 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
aluigi wrote:
In theory it should be able to extract all the files offrom the following archives of the MXvsATV series: pak, package, database


OK!
So, after I unpacked some racetracks' PAK files, I saw they have a lot of nVidia-based DXT textures, and now I think that's why my Intel onboard graphics GPU can't handle them and crashes when about to start the race.
Do you know if there's some method / program that allows converting nVidia-based DXT textures into Intel-based DXT textures?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:26 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 pm
Posts: 313
+COTAY wrote:
So, after I unpacked some racetracks' PAK files, I saw they have a lot of nVidia-based DXT textures, and now I think that's why my Intel onboard graphics GPU can't handle them and crashes when about to start the race.
I have just a little knowledge about textures but... DDS textures are handled by DirectX, not by GPU, so I don't think that PIXELFORMAT have any relation with your problem to run the game.

_________________
Tribo Gamer Brasil


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:18 am 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
Delutto wrote:
+COTAY wrote:
So, after I unpacked some racetracks' PAK files, I saw they have a lot of nVidia-based DXT textures, and now I think that's why my Intel onboard graphics GPU can't handle them and crashes when about to start the race.
I have just a little knowledge about textures but... DDS textures are handled by DirectX, not by GPU, so I don't think that PIXELFORMAT have any relation with your problem to run the game.

Hey bro, thanks for your response! Yeah, Im quite a noob with this game modding stuff, but anyway would you like to help me a little by telling me what things should I learn about these type of textures in order to make this game work on my Pc?
Thanks in advance


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:13 am 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
aluigi wrote:
I have just updated the script to version 0.3:
http://aluigi.org/papers/bms/others/mx_atv.bms

Luigi, do you know what type of graphic engine the game MX vs ATV Unleashed has?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:36 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9077
Eh unfortunately I can't help with that stuff. Only files extraction.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:49 pm 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
aluigi wrote:
Eh unfortunately I can't help with that stuff. Only files extraction.

OK, thanks anyways! :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 pm 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
aluigi wrote:
Eh unfortunately I can't help with that stuff. Only files extraction.

Luigi, did you make a .RES file extracting/reimporting tool? Where can I find it?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:07 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9077
Honestly I don't know.
The script works with pak archives and those archives containing the "database" magic.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:31 pm 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
OK ok no prob


Last edited by +COTAY on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:21 am 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
aluigi wrote:
Eh unfortunately I can't help with that stuff. Only files extraction.

Hey man, I just discovered that the PSP version of this game uses MIF file containers instead of PAK\RES containers.
Do you know if I can unpack\repack those type of MIF files using some script with QuickBMS?
Thnx


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:26 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9077
Maybe it's a known format covered by other scripts.
Upload it and if it's very big use the http://aluigi.org/bms/filecutter.bms script for generating the 2 files to upload


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:21 pm 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
aluigi wrote:
Maybe it's a known format covered by other scripts.
Upload it and if it's very big use the http://aluigi.org/bms/filecutter.bms script for generating the 2 files to upload

OK man. The MIF file Im talking about is super big about 700mb. Get it here: https:// d r i v e . g o o g l e . c o m /open?id=1C3HWLWUaN14SYFb6jGwX2W7WmOOLPvf3
Thx


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:11 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9077
Script updated:
http://aluigi.org/bms/mx_atv.bms


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:15 pm 

Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:02 am
Posts: 20
aluigi wrote:

THAAAAANKSS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRACIAS!!!!!! You saved my a** again :)

Im curious: so you open this unknown-format file with some hex editor then.. what? What kind of info you look for in order to write these kind of scripts?
It's a dumb question, I know.. thing is Id like to learn at least the basics of script making yknow? bc Im planning to mod all versions (PC, PS2, PSP, XBOX) of this game and I dont want to bother you everytime I bump into unknown-format files Id like to unpack\repack.....

Where can I find tutorials on this subject (script making for QuickBMS)?

Thx in advance \ Gracias de antemano, amigo!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:51 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9077
File formats reverse engineering is something a bit complex to explain and requires lot of practice for recognizing all the fields very quickly.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited