ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:41 am 

So I was trying to get some audio files out of an xbox indie game called Scare Me and I couldn't get any of the internal .xnb files to play, even with the vgmstream component in Foobar2000. Does anyone know how to play these files? Look for the files with the xnb audio extension.

Scare Me XBLIG.rar
https://anonfiles.com/w231Y2q1b6/Scare_Me_XBLIG_rar

Scare Me XBLIG.rar virus scan results for the cautious out there
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/be4bc ... /detection

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:25 am 

They're definitely XMA.

I stripped away the XNB header, added an XMA header and it played back just fine using vgmstream. Hard to tell exactly what it should sound like due to the nature of this title.

Support for this might be added to vgmstream if you submit a bunch of samples over on the HCS64 forums for some people to take a look at.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:22 pm 

brendan19 wrote:
They're definitely XMA.

I stripped away the XNB header, added an XMA header and it played back just fine using vgmstream. Hard to tell exactly what it should sound like due to the nature of this title.

Support for this might be added to vgmstream if you submit a bunch of samples over on the HCS64 forums for some people to take a look at.

Interesting. I will do that. Thanks for taking a look.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:12 am 

brendan19 wrote:
They're definitely XMA.

Can you send me the resulting audio you got from that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:12 am 

zeaofsuos wrote:
I would, but the method to do so has now been superseded and isn't the most reliable of ways to properly rip XMA anymore.

But the good news is that support for these .xnb files has been added to the latest version of vgmstream so they can now be played/converted :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm 

brendan19 wrote:
zeaofsuos wrote:
I would, but the method to do so has now been superseded and isn't the most reliable of ways to properly rip XMA anymore.

But the good news is that support for these .xnb files has been added to the latest version of vgmstream so they can now be played/converted :)

Nice! Will check that out.